What is SmartRoom?
SmartRoom VDR is one of the products by the BMC group, an information management software provider based in Los Angeles, CA. SmartRoom virtual data room enables secure and convenient file collaboration for organizations across many sectors.
SmartRoom solutions are built on the principles of top-grade security and high efficiency. The businesses that find the most value in SmartRoom software operate in mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, bankruptcy, alternative investments, and education.
Apart from the SmartRoom VDR, the provider offers a CRM solution and a post-merger integration platform.
SmartRoom virtual data room features help users improve document management, data security, collaboration, and productivity of a particular project or the organization in general.
Some of the most notable SmartRoom software characteristics include:
- Email uploading. The administrators can add files to the SmartRoom virtual data room by mailing them via a secure, built-in tool.
- Various integrations. SmartRoom software incorporates Box, DocuSign, and Microsoft Office to improve user convenience and allow faster deal processing.
- Access revocation. Administrative users can choose to cancel previously granted file permissions, even after the document has been downloaded.
- Detailed reporting. Deal handlers can make more informed decisions by continuously monitoring the activity inside the SmartRoom VDR.
- Centralized Q&A. Admins can manage and address questions securely within one unified space during M&A due diligence and other collaborative processes.
- User import. Versatile integration capacity also allows adding users directly from Office365, SalesForce, or DealCloud.
SmartRoom software employs the hosting services of Microsoft Azure, the platform that enables complete data segregation from other BMC group networks, at-rest and in-transfer encryption, and utmost physical security.
Additionally, the provider performs constant vulnerability scans and penetration tests to ensure the absolute integrity of the users’ data. In case of a full-scale disaster scenario, the SmartRoom VDR can be recovered in 15 minutes.
SmartRoom data room cost is calculated individually for every client. The provider considers the project’s duration, number of users, storage requirements, necessary features, and more to form a tailored price.
SmartRoom pricing reportedly follows a flat-fee model with annual billing for most project categories. Contacting the provider is required for receiving a quote.
SmartRoom VDR free trial
SmartRoom software has a 30-day free trial period offered to all new users. The test mode includes all the features of the data room at a limited capacity and can be used for initial familiarization or deal preparation.
Users can also request a SmartRoom VDR demonstration by submitting contact information and project details to the provider’s sales department.
SmartRoom support and deployment
SmartRoom solutions include access to a 24/7/365 on-site support team. The users can get a hold of the technical support representative via phone at any convenient time. Additionally, the users get assigned a dedicated project manager that can help with the VDR setup process, tool configuration, and more.
SmartRoom software is available through a browser and a smartphone app on both iOS and Android devices. The app performs at a simplified capacity, allowing users to monitor the deal, manage documents, invite users, and access account settings on the go.