What is Intralinks?
Intralinks Holdings, Inc., founded in 1996, is a global technology provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions headquartered in New York, United States. Its products — Intralinks, Intralinks Dealnexus, Intralinks VIA — serve the enterprise collaboration and strategic transaction markets, enabling the exchange, control, and management of information between organizations. It facilitates more than 6,000 high-stakes transactions every year, including M&A due diligence.
Acquired by SS&C in November 2018, Intralinks Inc focuses on large businesses, corporations, and long-term transactions. Its data room solutions make it easy to share sensitive information with multiple parties.
An Intralinks’ VDR is feature-rich and set up to maximize your team’s productivity. Important features of an Intralinks virtual data room include:
- Ease of use. Intralinks offers convenient, user-friendly web and mobile interfaces. This makes the data room easy to navigate and allows users to access all needed files with ease. There are features, such as auto-indexing and drag-and-drop uploads, to facilitate smoother workflow.
- Security. Among Intralinks features, there is a unique unshare feature. It allows users to enable and retract a document with one click. The Intralinks VDR also offers watermarking, advanced user permissions with 16 user roles, and AI Redaction. Additionally, Intralinks is GDPR-compliant and provides encrypted archives, in-region data storage, and processing.
- Analytics tools. The Insights Dashboard allows admins to track all user activity within the data room.
- Q&A functionality. It makes importing questions in bulk possible by controlling priority and access levels.
- Customer support. Intralinks has a dedicated M&A manager assigned to each project. There is also 24/7 multilingual support with direct business process support for external and internal users.
- Zoom integration. With this feature, you can seamlessly upload videos like facility tours and management presentations to your virtual data room.
- Professional pre-configured solutions. These include content templates, permission management models, and folder structures designed specifically for the most common types of deals to help save time.
Intralinks offers convenient pricing. There is only one plan starting at $900. It includes an unlimited number of users, administrators, and data rooms. Local tax rates apply, so you should double-check the Intralinks the final cost with your representative.
There are also other important aspects regarding Intralinks pricing that you should consider, including:
- Intralinks pricing structure is inconsistent. The more expensive your plan is, the more flexible features like Intralinks data room pricing, number of USBs, prolongation, and extra storage become.
- Intralinks’ pricing structure is paged-based on pages, which can incur additional fees.
- Additionally, Intralinks adheres to project minimum pricing— so even very small projects can get expensive.
- Non-PDF files are charged at the highest pricing tier. For example, 1 GB of files generally stores about 6,000-15,000 pages. However, Intralinks’s pricing structure considers 1 GB of non-PDF files as 15,000 pages — and so charge accordingly.
- The pricing structure is not good for long-term contracts. The Intralinks pricing model progression is aggressive for the first 12 months.
Intralinks can be quite flexible with the conditions and may adapt and customize an offer according to a client’s needs and budget. Reviews show that the provider can provide a discount, additional USBs, and additional services upon the client’s request.
Intralinks free trial
An Intralinks virtual data room doesn’t offer a free trial to test all of the platform’s features. Instead, it offers a limited 30-day free trial, depending on the business type and goals. However, this option is not available for all clients.
Intralinks support and deployment
The Intralinks VDR’s 24/7/365 support team makes sure that data room users have access to experts that can help them quickly solve any issues. With an Intralinks virtual data room, you are assigned a personal manager to help guide you through the process of setting up your data room and to answer all your questions.
There are various ways you can reach the Intralinks customer support team: through live chat, email, and phone. In the online help center, you can find answers to frequently asked questions and read more about how the data room works. Intralinks also has many local centers, where you can talk to company representatives.
Besides the desktop version, Intralinks has a mobile app, which allows access to all your files and syncs information across your favorite mobile devices. The Intralinks dealspace can be accessed virtually from all platforms, including Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.